We've all been looking for things to do while we're stuck inside, things to keep our minds and bodies active. So, we've put together a list of links to good news and positive distractions from the comfort of your own home...
1. Watch - Some Good News (SGN) - John Krasinski (of The Office fame) has created a series of fun, uplifting videos focused on sharing good news:
2.Stroll through the Louvre! - Enjoy a Virtual Tour and #MuseumFromHome - no ticket or travel to Paris required..."très bon:"
3. Head to Broadway and catch a show - BroadwayHD is offering a free 7 day trial so you can see an award winning Broadway show from your living room. Right this way to the front row:
4. Your National Park adventure awaits! - Explore breathtaking scenery with epic flyovers and in depth tours by seasoned park rangers:
5. Binge HBO - The premium channel is offering free streaming access to 500 hours of content including their award winning series: The Sopranos, VEEP, Barry, and Silicon Valley. Start soon, because Tony Soprano goes back behind the paywall at the end of April. Access by downloading the HBO NOW or HBO GO apps or by visiting HBONOW.com or HBOGO.com.
6. Listen to a good book - Audible offers a free trial, so you can curl up with your earbuds and listen to your favorite author read their latest. Need ideas? Good Housekeeping recently came up with "The 35 Best Audio Books for Your Next Long Trip" - not quite what we had in mind for a long trip, but we appreciate the list!
7. Get your work out on - Join Jessica Smith on her YouTube channel for her wide range of workouts (based on time, style or activity). You may even catch a glimpse of her super cute French bulldog Peanut.
8. Netflix! - From great TV shows (The Crown), to great movies (Shawshank Redemption), to laugh out loud stand up specials (Jim Gaffigan), to concert videos (Springsteen on Broadway) and yes, even that big cat documentary that shall remain unnamed. The options are endless, if you're looking for other suggestions try this list from Collider.
9. Get cookin! - check out the Food Network's YouTube channel for tons of videos from their line up of celebrity chefs and programming.
10. Take some relaxation tips from a koala - tune in to the Live Cams at The San Diego Zoo: